From: David Ritsher <[log in to unmask]>

Tonight we have three very timely new stories on the latest edition of
FRONTLINE/World, a series we are very proud to now be able to call
Emmy-award winning!  All three stories were edited in our Berkeley
offices and all three deal with the state of democracy in different
countries around the world.  The first is a close look at the conflict
in the Swat valley of Pakistan during this winters campaign season, and
the resurgence of the Taliban in a region often overlooked by the
Western press.  The second story is the one I have been focusing on this
winter and is a portrait of politics in Russia in the last year of
Putin's presidency.  And the third story profiles Los Carpinteros in
Cuba, a conceptual art duo who have made a splash in the global art
market with art that is subversive.  It is a great mix and, as always, I
am very interested in hearing what you think.

I hope you get a chance to watch!

- David

For a preview -- http://www.pbs.org/frontlineworld/stories/preview/703/

David Ritsher