Job opportunity: Educationalist

Dear All

Happy new year to you! Please find attached a job advert for an Educationalist post in the Education Department at the Royal College of Physicians, London. I would appreciate it if you could pass it on to anyone that you think may be interested. I have also copied it into the body of this e-mail for your convenience. Given my own background I think that people in this network and with roles in HE Learning Development would make very suitable candidates for this interesting post.

Educationalist (ref EDU137)
Salary: £31,000 to £40,625 per annum, depending on skills and experience
We are seeking an educationalist to join the team in the Education Department at the Royal College of Physicians.

We are looking for an excellent communicator with a strong track record as a teacher who has experience in the development and delivery of educational development programmes in a higher / professional education context.

Our educational programmes currently include the successful Physicians as Educators, as well as a Certificate, Diploma and Masters in Medical Education. A range of Programmes are delivered both nationally and abroad and typically cover the areas of effective learning and teaching skills, and assessment.

In this rewarding and interesting role you will work closely with the Education team and clinicians to:

A relevant teaching qualification is essential and applications are welcome from a wide range of teaching backgrounds.

Excellent benefits are offered which include generous leave, a first class pension scheme, 35 hour week, free lunches, season ticket loan and much more. In addition, the appointee will work in friendly offices in an attractive location overlooking Regent’s Park.

Visit us today at www.rcplondon.ac.uk/jobs to find out more and apply or email: [log in to unmask] for an application pack (CVs in isolation will not be accepted).    Please quote reference EDU137.

Closing date for returned applications: Monday 28 January 2008
Interviews to take place on Wednesday 6 February 2008
The Royal College of Physicians is a registered charity that aims to ensure high quality care for patients by promoting the highest standards of medical practice. It provides and sets standards in clinical practice and education and training, conducts assessments and examinations, quality assures external audit programmes, supports doctors in their practice of medicine, and advises the Government, public and the profession on health care issues.

<<EducationalistRCP.doc>>
Please let me know if you have any questions about the role.

Best wishes

Kate

Kate Ippolito (nee Smith)
Educationalist