________________________________

From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Buckley, R.J.
Sent: 29 January 2008 09:47
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Google Earth

We have noticed that on the latest Google Earth (believed to be about
2005) cropmark sites are showing very well indeed, to the extent that we
have spotted some new sites in Leicestershire, including a Roman villa.
Given that Google are likely to update the imaging from time to time and
that  we may end up with a year like 2007 when the cropmarks disappear,
has any thought been given by HERs to obtaining the current data?    I'm
sure someone is on the case, but thought it worth asking.

Richard

Richard Buckley
University of Leicester Archaeological Services

Northumberland made the following annotations---------------------------------------------------------------------
Northumberland added fact:

Now You Can Do It Online !
We are committed to making all of our services easy to access and easy to use online.
We have grouped together our most popular online requests: Library Books, School Admissions,
Household Waste Pass, Reporting Road Issues and more...
Go to: http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/contact.asp

Northumberland added disclaimer:

If this is delivered to you in error would you please destroy all copies of it immediately
and contact the sender. This Email represents the personal views of the author/sender.
The author/sender has no authority or delegation to bind the directorate or authority
by this Email and the authority accepts no responsibility whatsoever for its contents.