Hi

I have a nice light and fluffy question. In Durham we are currently re-organising our further information files. We have significant amounts of information about some interesting theories about some of the features in County Durham, such as pyramids in County Durham and Rock Art coming from lost Roman forts. Obviously, everyone else has similar problems, but how have you dealt with the information and the HER.

Basically we are torn whether to put in the information in the Further Information files which may lead to misinterpretation of sites when combined with other information or we keep it separate which may endorse some of the theories, or put suggest that they are completely incorrect (when there is no way we can ever prove the theories one way another).

Gemma

Gemma Lewis
Assistant Archaeology Officer
Adult and Community Services
Libraries, Learning and Culture
The Rivergreen Centre, Aykley Heads, DH1 5TS
Tel: 0191 370 8844
Fax: 0191 370 8897
Email: [log in to unmask]

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.