Hi

I have just being doing some tests with Microsoft Vista (Business Edition
32 bit) with WebDav (Web Folders) using our Blackboard Development server
(Version 7.3 on Windows platform).  These tests have shown that WebDav
does not work as it did with Windows XP.

Despite downloading and applying Webfldrs-KB907306-ENU from Microsoft's
site the WebDav client still requires configuration that I suspect most
students would be either unwilling or unable to carry out.  For example,
Mapping a Network Drive then choosing a succession of appropriate actions.
The  final operation of copying and then pasting in the location of the
Web resource eg http://blkbrd2.paisley.ac.uk/bbcswebdav/users/test is
difficult to document and to understand - unless you are fairly IT savvy.

Also when trying to open Word and Excel files they Open in Read-Only mode.

I would welcome any information or comments that other Institutions have
on these issues and how this could affect the usage of the Content area of
Blackboard.

Thanks

May

May Allen