Hello,
We are trying to provide Shib access to Blackboard for a few external students, while maintaining LDAP authentication for our own students.

I posted some questions on this in December - thank you to those who responded - and having investigated further, we think we have a potential solution.

We currently have Blackboard running on two load-balanced Solaris servers. The idea is to add a third Blackboard Solaris server, on a different URL. But this new box would also host the Shib SP, and be configured to accept Shib authentication only. All three BB clients would share the same underlying database.

(I know that Shib SP is a more difficult install on Solaris than on Red Hat, but we are not keen on supporting BB on multiple platforms.)

Haven't had a chance to try this out yet, so would appreciate any comments in advance.

Regards,
Nigel

Nigel Frost
Project Manager