Apologies for cross posting

We have received over 300 responses to our skills and knowledge survey of the museums, libraries, and archives sector in London so far, and would like to thank everyone for their time.

The information obtained through this survey will provide MLA London with a snapshot of the present skills and knowledge within the sector and its workforce. This information will be used by MLA London to develop a 2008-2011 Workforce Development Strategy, and to plan and deliver a responsive programme of events.  The information will also be used to help the TATE group plan for its proposed National Art Collections Centre.

We would like to encourage all London-based organisations and employees to take part in the survey which takes approximately 25 minutes complete.

For each complete survey, organisations will be entered into a draw, with one organisation being chosen at random to receive 5 free places on MLA London training events, worth up to £400; For each complete survey, individuals will be entered into a draw, with one individual being chosen at random to receive £100 of John Lewis vouchers.

To make the most of the information we gather from this survey please encourage your staff, at all levels, to complete the survey.  Once we have collated the results we will share them with yourself and the wider sector.

The surveys is now open until Friday 29 February 2008 and can be accessed online by clicking on the links below.

Skills and Knowledge Survey (Organisation)

If you are the head of your organisation, click here <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=mt5amdiWUORm1tjxbhxT7w_3d_3d>  to complete the survey online

Skills and Knowledge Survey (Workforce)

If you are an individual, paid or unpaid, within an organisation, click here <http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=h3rgpWaOBWXsuL1k2tJO_2bA_3d_3d>  to complete the survey online

If you are experiencing trouble accessing the links below, please email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>  or telephone 020 7549 1712.

Alternatively a pdf is available for you download and print off.  Please return any completed paper surveys to Georgina Siddall, MLA London, 4th Floor, 53-56 Great Sutton Street, London EC1V 0DG.

Skills and Knowledge Survey (Organisation)           PDF <http://www.mlalondon.org.uk/uploads/documents/Organisations_Booklet.pdf>

Skills and Knowledge Survey (Workforce)               PDF <http://www.mlalondon.org.uk/uploads/documents/Workforce_Booklet.pdf>

Paddy McNulty

Workforce Development Co-ordinator

Direct line: 020 7549 1711

Main line: 020 7549 1700

Fax: 020 7490 5225

www.mlalondon.org.uk

MLA London,

Fourth Floor,

53-56 Great Sutton Street,

London EC1V 0DG

P please consider the environment - do you really need to print this email?

MLA London is the strategic regional development agency for museums, libraries and archives in London. We are part of the MLA Partnership. For further information please visit the website at www.mlalondon.org.uk

Legal Disclaimer: The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution and copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and then delete the message and any associated files from your system.

Please note that MLA London is currently in the process of upgrading its contacts database.  We apologise if you have been sent this email in error.

Security Warning: Although this e-mail and its attachments have been screened and are believed to be free from any virus, in all cases it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the e-mail and any associated attachments are virus free. MLA London will not accept liability for any damage caused by a virus.