I got many troubles for sending a mediate size package here, but see the
following message.

-----Original Message-----
From: zewang [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2007 11:18 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ASLtbx RE: [SPM] turning off HRF in SPM5

Dear all,

      Attached is the latest version of ASLtbx, consisting of a series of
batch scripts. The one for calculating CBF is: asl_perf_subtract.m, all
others beginning with "batch" are for preprocessing or statistical analysis.
The scripts should work for both SPM2 and SPM5. A rough instruction is
included in the readme file. We will put the scripts and an example data set
online, though our website has not been updated for couple years since the
web administrator left.

For turning off HRF modeling in SPM,   you can do it manually like what
Janniko said in his email, or  activate line 74 "%   SPM.xBF.name='Fourier
set';" in batch_model.m by deleting the "%" sign, and comment out line 75 "
SPM.xBF.name='hrf';". I would suggest using the HRF convolving since there
is a delay between the onset of the stimuli and the acquisition time due to
the labeling time and post label delay. Or you can adjust the reference
function to incorporate this delay. I didn't modify the reference function
in the attached package.

Another note for manually running GLM on ASL data in SPM is that you need to
change the default threshold for removing the background or unsafe regions.
That is, you should load spm_defaults, and then set
"defaults.mask.thresh=-inf;" or another value you want. As you can see from
the time course, ASL data has a very low temporal SNR, regular threshold
works for BOLD will remove most of the ASL signals.

Ze Wang, Ph. D

Center for functional neuroimaging,

Dept of Neurology,

Medicine school,