Colleagues,

I promised you an anonymised summary of web staffing in HEIs based on feedback from this list.  Apologies for the slight delay.

The list is simplistic in terms of categorisation etc, and the data was gathered in an unstructured manner. However, I hope it will act as a useful beginning for you.

Here it is:

Region Type Total central staff Central management / editorial Central technical Dedicated web staff in schools / faculties Editors in the wider organisation
North West New 8 3 5   12
West & South West Red Brick 8 4 4
Greater London Red Brick 7 4 3
Greater London New 6 4 2
West & South West New 6 4 2   50+
South Red Brick 5 2 3
North West Red Brick 5 2 3   150 approx
Greater London New 5 3 2 5 150 approx
Scotland Red Brick 5 2 3
Greater London New 4 2 2
North West New 4 2 2   40
North New 4 2 2
South New 3 2 1
Greater London New 2.75 1 1.75 1 150 approx
Wales College 1 0 1   0

Many thanks to all those who responded.

Rob Fenwick
Web Manager, University of Westminster

http://www.wmin.ac.uk
Tel: +44(0)20 7911 5000 ext 3860

Take a spin: 360 degree virtual tours of Westminster.

Diary of a Web Manager: https://connect.wmin.ac.uk/fenwicr/weblog

The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by guarantee. Registration number: 977818 England. Registered Office: 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW.