Colleagues,

I promised you an anonymised summary of web staffing in HEIs based on
feedback from this list.  Apologies for the slight delay.

The list is simplistic in terms of categorisation etc, and the data was
gathered in an unstructured manner. However, I hope it will act as a
useful beginning for you.

Here it is:

Region	 Type	 Total central staff	 Central management / editorial
Central technical	 Dedicated web staff in schools / faculties
Editors in the wider organisation
North West	 New	 8	 3	 5	  	 12
West & South West	 Red Brick	 8	 4	 4

Greater London	 Red Brick	 7	 4	 3
Greater London	 New	 6	 4	 2
West & South West	 New	 6	 4	 2	  	 50+
South	 Red Brick	 5	 2	 3
North West	 Red Brick	 5	 2	 3	  	 150
approx
Greater London	 New	 5	 3	 2	 5	 150 approx
Scotland	 Red Brick	 5	 2	 3
Greater London	 New	 4	 2	 2
North West	 New	 4	 2	 2	  	 40
North	 New	 4	 2	 2
South	 New	 3	 2	 1
Greater London	 New	 2.75	 1	 1.75	 1	 150 approx
Wales	 College	 1	 0	 1	  	 0

Many thanks to all those who responded.

Rob Fenwick
Web Manager, University of Westminster

http://www.wmin.ac.uk <http://www.wmin.ac.uk/>
Tel: +44(0)20 7911 5000 ext 3860

Take a spin: 360 degree virtual tours <http://www.wmin.ac.uk/page-13342>
of Westminster.

Diary of a Web Manager: https://connect.wmin.ac.uk/fenwicr/weblog

--
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by
guarantee.  Registration number: 977818 England.  Registered Office: