Hi Ian,

> 1. Job visibility: this suggests a scenario where users are not allowed
> to run their own executables, but instead are only allowed to manage
> parameters/configuration, and input/output data.  Executable software is
> all deployed by sites or through the VO-specific software manager.

I'm afraid that this model won't work for VOs like pheno, where each one
of our 20 odd users runs their own software. I would have to make them all
SW managers. Alternatively, we would need to give up on the idea of a
common theory VO, and splinter into project-specific VOs (most of which
would have 1 or 2 members).

   David