Dear Colleague,

I believe that the following NIACE conference will be of interest to your role.

I would also like to enquire whether it would be possible for you to disseminate the details of the event to your contacts and networks.

Full event details are below.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Your help is much appreciated.

Syra Shafi
Publicity & Promotions Administrator
Conferences, Seminars & Courses
NIACE
Renaissance House
20 Princess Road West
Leicester
LE1 6TP
Tel: 01162044221
Fax: 01162548368

Healthy, happy and wise:

The way forward for community-based adult learning

Conference

Thursday 13 December 2007

Venue: Glaziers Hall, 9 Montague Close, London Bridge,

London SE1 9DD

This year’s NIACE policy conference for local government looks at the future of community-based adult learning.

One decade on from the vision of the Learning Age, it’s a good time to look at achievements made and challenges encountered.  Publicly funded community-based adult learning still survives, but big questions remain:

Participants will be able to reflect on the place of community learning for its own sake and within the context of wider social agendas such as social cohesion, health, regeneration, families and our ageing population.

Consideration will be given to:

·        how community-based adult learning should adapt and change in the next ten years

·        How new forms of communication and leisure affect us all

·        How adult learning might respond to the burning issues of the day –global warming, sustainability, faith and culture, one world and poverty, our ageing population

·        the role of the voluntary sector

Participants will:

·        take away updates about current developments and ideas

·        gain insight into strategic and policy developments to inform forward thinking in their own organisation

·        identify a range of policy issues on which partnership work can be extended.

Who would benefit from attending

People who are passionate about the transforming power of adult learning in the community and people who would like to know more about what adult learning can offer to individuals, families and communities including:

Arrival and registration is at 9:30am for a 10:00am start.  The conference ends at 3:30pm.

Conference Fee:  £198 per person

Event fee for the second attendee from the same organisation: £100

NB: NIACE does not charge VAT on conference and course fees

For further details and to reserve a place, look up:

http://www.niace.org.uk/conferences/Conferences.htm

Enquiries to Gurjit Kaur on 0116 204 2833

e-mail: [log in to unmask]