From: Library and Information Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Sent: 31 October 2007 17:24
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: FW: Government response to petition 'Defend-libraries'

Typical mealy mouthed response

Charles

Professor Charles Oppenheim
Head
Department of Information Science
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Leics LE11 3TU

Tel 01509-223065
Fax 01509 223053
e mail [log in to unmask]
-----Original Message-----
From: 10 Downing Street [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 31 October 2007 17:19
To: e-petition signatories

You signed a petition asking the Prime Minister to "act to help prevent
the de-professionalisation of the public library service in Hampshire."

The Prime Minister's Office has responded to that petition and you can
view it here:

http://www.pm.gov.uk/output/Page13680.asp

Prime Minister's Office

Petition information - http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Defend-libraries/

If you would like to opt out of receiving further mail on this or any
other petitions you signed, please email [log in to unmask]