Early Years Settings - Fair processing notice

Has anybody been involved with the early years settings with regard to the fair processing notice that we are being advised to use for this process.

I have been advised that the DCSF have suggested we use the text in the link below (as a  fair processing notice), however this appears far too long and detailed to the point that it will not make much sense to parents.

Can I ask what others are doing to prepare a fair processing notice for this?  Are you going with the suggested text or are you creating shorter concise fair processing notices?

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/_doc/12190/EY%20FPN%20plus%20suggested%20cover%20note%20final%20on%20web%20Nov07v5.doc

Lee Henley
Information Manager
Telephone: (01375) 652500
Mobile - 07780 730944

The information in this e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to and use of its content by anyone else other than the addressee(s) may be unlawful and will not be recognised by Thurrock Council for business purposes. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else. Thurrock Council cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.

Any opinions expressed in this document are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Thurrock Council.

Any attachment(s) to this message has been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own virus checker and procedures.

Senders and recipients of e-mail should be aware that under the UK Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation these contents may have to be disclosed in response to a request.

All e-mail sent to or from this address will be processed by Thurrock Council's corporate e-mail system and may be subject to scrutiny by someone other than the addressee.
This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. For further information visit
http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]