From: "Henley, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:56 PM
Subject: Early Years Settings - Fair processing notice

Has anybody been involved with the early years settings with regard to the
fair processing notice that we are being advised to use for this process.

I have been advised that the DCSF have suggested we use the text in the link
below (as a  fair processing notice), however this appears far too long and
detailed to the point that it will not make much sense to parents.

Can I ask what others are doing to prepare a fair processing notice for
this?  Are you going with the suggested text or are you creating shorter
concise fair processing notices?

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/_doc/12190/EY%20FPN%20plus%20suggested%20cover%20note%20final%20on%20web%20Nov07v5.doc

Lee Henley
Information Manager
Telephone: (01375) 652500
Mobile - 07780 730944

The information in this e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended to be
confidential and may be legally privileged. Access to and use of its content
by anyone else other than the addressee(s) may be unlawful and will not be
recognised by Thurrock Council for business purposes. If you have received
this message by mistake, please notify the sender immediately, delete it and
do not copy it to anyone else.  Thurrock Council cannot accept any
responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this message as it has
been transmitted over a public network.

Any opinions expressed in this document are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the opinions of Thurrock Council.

Any attachment(s) to this message has been checked for viruses, but please
rely on your own virus checker and procedures.

Senders and recipients of e-mail should be aware that under the UK Data
Protection and Freedom of Information legislation these contents may have to
be disclosed in response to a request.

All e-mail sent to or from this address will be processed by Thurrock
Council's corporate e-mail system and may be subject to scrutiny by someone
other than the addressee.
This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus
Control Centre. For further information visit
http://www.messagelabs.com/stats.asp

All user commands can be found at
 Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner
  Full help Desk - please email [log in to unmask] describing your
needs