John Dillon wrote:

>Indeed.  Marjorie's source may be this webpage from jacquesdemolay.org, which offers the whole passage from "There are many accounts onward" without identifying the "foremost Templar scholar" to whom the reported text of curse is attributed:

http://www.jacquesdemolay.org/

But this page from www.templarhistory.com, which has precisely the same quotation, identifies the source (also called "one of the foremost Templar scholars") as "the 19th century historian, Charles Addison":

http://www.templarhistory.com/demolay.html

He does not seem to have written down the curse, as it is said:Many latter day writers have claimed (! My exclamation mark, HtJ) that de Molay in his dying breath summoned both the King of France and Pope Clement to meet him in a tribunal before God within the year. True to the claim both men did indeed die within that time.”

But let’s nog go there to try and find out who the ‘many latter day writers’ were.

Henk

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog! ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html