 From the Patrologia latina database, in a footnote to a Vita of St.
Norbert by a Norbertine canon [PL 170.1307]:

Footnote - (82)] /1307D/(82) Lazari etiam nunc in Belgio nominantur
leprosi: quia horum contubernia plura, ac nominatim apud Hierusalem.
Quin etiam Romae extra urbem teste a Lapide, habentur fundata sub
invocatione S. Lazari, evangelici pauperis, cujus ulcera canes lingebant.

There also are mentions in the database of churches and leprosaria named
for St. Lazarus; e.g., a privilege of Celestine III in PL 106.1085.

Tom Izbicki

Vera von der Osten - Sacken wrote:

> Dear Listmembers,
> In a transferring ritual for lepers into a leper hospital (In Martène, De
> antiquis ecclesiae ritibus II, lib III, cap X., cols 1004f) I found the name
> of the betanian lazarus used synonymously for 'the leper'. According to
> Martène the text belongs to Renauld, archbishop of Reims, and comes from a
> codex from S. Albini Andegavensis. As far as I know, this could be Renaud du
> Bellay (1083–1096) or Renaud de Chartres (1413–1443). Now I'm trying to find
> out, when Lazarus was linked to the lepers for the first time. I would be
> very glad, if you could help me. Many thanks in advance and best greetings !
> Vera

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]

to: [log in to unmask]