-----medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]> wrote: -----

To: [log in to unmask]
From: Vera von der Osten - Sacken <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 10/29/2007 09:20AM
Subject: [M-R] Lepers and Lazarus

Dear Listmembers,
In a transferring ritual for lepers into a leper hospital (In Martène, De
antiquis ecclesiae ritibus II, lib III, cap X., cols 1004f) I found the name
of the betanian lazarus used synonymously for 'the leper'. According to
Martène the text belongs to Renauld, archbishop of Reims, and comes from a
codex from S. Albini Andegavensis. As far as I know, this could be Renaud du
Bellay (1083–1096) or Renaud de Chartres (1413–1443). Now I'm trying to find
out, when Lazarus was linked to the lepers for the first time. I would be
very glad, if you could help me. Many thanks in advance and best greetings !
Vera

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]