From: Megan McLaughlin <[log in to unmask]>

> And let us not forget "fulfilling scholarly potential" and "demonstrating
visibility in the field."

these are irrevelent and circumstantial.

without the essential Strive for Excellence, All Comes to Naught and the Swine
will eat the Akademical Pearls like so much PopCorn.

> Christopher Crockett wrote:

>> From: Cecil T Ault <[log in to unmask]>

>>> None is expected at INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA.  We have
"scholorly Growth" which can mean anything from attending seminars, sitting
in
circles and having nice thoughts, or even "assisting another in scholarly
achievement" or something like that.  We used to call that "teaching" back at
Michigan.  yrs, tom ault

>> well, my understanding is that INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF INDIANA likes all
these things as well, but adds the essential "Striving For Excellence,"
without which all akademical enterprizing is Doomed to Failure, Up Front.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]