When calling the reading "Hava" for "Heva" or "Eva" into question I
wonder whether critics noted that the Stuttgart Bilble lists in the
textual notes at the bottom of the page that "Hava" is found in the
early Bibles Sangermanensis and Amiatinus as well as in the Ravenna
and Vetus Latina versions, and   that this is the spelling in the
Biblia sacra iuxta latinam vulgatam versionem, Librum Genesis (Rome,
1926)?

GHB

--
George Hardin Brown, Professor of English Emeritus
Department of English, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-2087

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]