I obviously sent the my last message to the list in a hurry. I see
now that John Houghton's list of Bedan translations is not quite up
to date. Since he posted the list in 2000, Scott DeGregorio's fine
translation of Bede: On Ezra and Nehemiah , Translated Texts for
Historians 47 (Liverpool, 2007), has appeared.  Calvin Kendall's
translation of Bede's Commentary on the Beginning of Genesis and
Arthur Holder's  Bede's On the Song of Songs are in press.

I don't know of anyone working on translations of the Lucan and
Mracan commentaries.

GHB

Dear TJ,

The standard Latin edition of Bede's Commmetnary on Luke is
In Lucae Evangelium Expositio, In Marci Evangelium Expositio, ed.
(unfortunately rather poorly but it's the best there is now) D.
Hurst, CCSL 120 (Brepols, 1960).

Although Most of Bede's OT commentaries are now happily and well
translated, neither the Lucan nor Marcan commentaries are.

For a list of all translations see John Houghton's website:
http://home.mchsi.com/~numenor/medstud/biblio.htm

GHB

--
George Hardin Brown, Professor of English Emeritus
Department of English, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305-2087

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]