From: John Armitage [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 09 October 2007 17:59
Subject: CULTURAL POLITICS - NEW SPECIAL ISSUE- PETER SLOTERDIJK

Dear friends and colleagues

I am pleased to announce the publication of CULTURAL POLITICS Volume 3, Number 3, November 2007. This issue of the journal is a SPECIAL ISSUE on the German philosopher Peter Sloterdijk, Guest Edited by Sjoerd van Tuinen.

The Table of Contents is below.

I would be grateful if you would forward this email to any interested friends, colleagues, e-lists and communities.

Best wishes.

John

Dr John Armitage
Co-editor, Cultural Politics
Media & Communication
Room 323, Lipman Building
School of Arts & Social Sciences
Northumbria University
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 8ST, UK
(t) (+44) 0191 227 4971
(e)(w) [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Web: http://northumbria.ac.uk/sd/academic/sass/media_div/med_staff/j_armitage/ <http://northumbria.ac.uk/sd/academic/sass/media_div/med_staff/j_armitage/>
(e)(h) [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Visit the Cultural Politics Website at:
http://culturalpolitics.org <http://culturalpolitics.org>

-------------------------------------

Cultural Politics

Volume 3 Issue 3

November 2007

Critique Beyond Resentment: An Introduction to Peter Sloterdijk's Jovial Modernity

Sjoerd van Tuinen

Living Hot, Thinking Coldly: An Interview with Peter Sloterdijk

Éric Alliez

What Happened in the Twentieth Century? En Route to a Critique of Extremist Reason

Peter Sloterdijk

Interest and Excess of Modern Man's Radical Mediocrity: Rescaling Sloterdijk's Grandiose Aesthetic Strategy

Henk Oosterling

FIELD REPORT

United Society of Believers

Art work from New York artist Carrie Moyer

BOOK REVIEW

The Global Sphere: Peter Sloterdijk's Theory of Globalization

Willem Schinkel and Liesbeth Noordegraaf-Eelens

Distributed through Cyber-Society-Live [CSL]: CSL is a moderated discussion
list made up of people who are interested in the interdisciplinary academic
study of Cyber Society in all its manifestations.To join the list please visit:
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/cyber-society-live.html