From: Fortran 90 List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf
Of Ian Chivers
Sent: 30 September 2007 17:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: parallel programming

I'm currently updating our Fortran Resource file
and wanted to get a feel for how many people were
involved in parallel programming in Fortran.

the current file can be found at

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/fortran/pdfs/fortran_resources.pdf

In that file we identify the following types
of parallel programming

  automatic
  co-array fortran
  hpf
  mpi
  openmp
  posix threads

So could you take the time to answer the following questions.

 do you do parallel programming?

 if so which method do you use?

 if you currently are doing parallel programming
 would you move to co-arrays if they were
 available?

 would you move to another hardware platform and operating
 system to be able to use co-arrays?

Cheers

Ian Chivers