Dunno what it is but there appears to be some sort of gremlin living in it!

-----Original Message-----
From: British archaeology discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Trevor Dunkerley
Sent: 08 October 2007 19:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BRITARCH] Construction of Chimney and Flues

Dear List,

Mitch Warburton is enquiring if anyone knows the purpose of a recess at the base of an industrial mine chimney.

For diagram and photographs please go to the URL below and click on the XML link or the Quick Link Site Map on Page 2.

Trevor

http://www.cmsmrps.org.uk - a community archaeology initiative.
This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only. If
you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose, store
or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform the sender.
Nothing in the email amounts to a legal commitment on our part unless
confirmed by a signed communication. Whilst this email and associated
attachments will have been checked for known viruses whilst within the
Natural England systems, we can accept no responsibility once it has left
our systems. Communications on Natural England systems may be monitored
and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for
other lawful purposes.