>>Peter Mccrone wrote: Does nicking somebody so that the nicked can help the nickers with their crossword count as wrongful arrest?? >>

Helping the nickers with crossword problems has just been the tip of the iceburg.

If I had not spent so much time in police custody over the past three years I certianly believe that Hampshire Constabulary would have fallen apart yonks ago.

"Mr Wood our computer in Custody is not working. Can you give us some help?" Comes readily to mind.

I remember the time I got some feedback about an unfortunate incident at Havant Police Station.

Some Constables were being told off, by the Station Inspector, for not following procedures when one of the officers said to the Inspector "But Mr Wood thinks that we could do this a better way!"

Apparently the Station Inspector replied in a manner of muted aghast "But Mr Wood does not run this station, I do!"

:-)

Stranger than fiction? Perhaps, but it is tragically all true.
No wonder the senior officers loath me. ;-)

And one officer once said to me, "But Mr Wood the Inspectors never let us do anything!" with tears in his eyes. Poor thing!

John Wood
Agony Uncle to the Force, allegedly

100ís of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
https://www.musicmashup.co.uk