I was thinking of the horizontal/slanting shafts where the coalface workers
often have to bend over to work because the height seems to have been
designed for mythical dwarves form Tolkien, or just to save money.

Hwyl,

Cerri
http://www.technopagans.co.uk
"for those who honour the past but love living in the present"