I have posted a photo of bird radius I am having trouble identifying to
the BoneCommons website

http://www.alexandriaarchive.org/icaz/icazForum/viewtopic.php?p=982#982

username: ZOOARCH  password: bones.

This is a bird radius from a Middle Woodland site in Illinois, I suspect
that it is a trumpeter swan but I do not have the comparative material
or measurements on hand. This measures 29.55 cm in length and 0.99 cm in
diameter at midshaft; that would put it outside of the published range
of whistling swan (23.1 to 24.9 cm) in Gilbert et. al.'s Avian
Osteology. Unfortunately there are no measurements for trumpeter swan
which this probably is, or of mute swan which this probably is not -- if
anyone has measurements for these species it would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
            Rex