Here is the solution to my previous posting inquiring about PPI in SPM5.
First, Thank you Darren G, for your help.

To conduct PPI in SPM5  where I have the following 6 conditions:

Rest = Silence

Click  = Clicking (A non-vocal sound)

Bell = a school bell ringing Whistle

Whistle = A shrill coaches whistle

NFV Lang = A non -familier Voice Reading non-ambiguous paragraphes aloud

NFV SON = A non-familiar voice calling subject's name aloud

I want to compare NFV Lang with NFV SON using PPI to see which voxels
are correlated with a VOI of interest.

This is what worked:

First I CREATED VOI by :

*         After  "Specifying 1st Level" I selected Results and SPM.Mat
file.

*         Selected NFV Lang - NFV SON - Rest contrast (that I had
previously created)

*         Selected a group of voxels in the frontal area (Near Superior
Frontal Gyrus),

*         Clicked on VOI button

*         Named the VOI

*         Selected sphere with 6 mm

Then set up for  PPI analysis by:

*         I clicked on PPI button

*         Selected corresponding spm.mat file

*         Chose psychophysiolgoic ...

*         Sleeted saved voi.mat file

*         Included NFV Lang  condition with contrast weight = 1
(positive)

*         Included NFV SON condition with contrast weight = -1(negative)

Then I set up a NEW MODEL by:

First I changed directories (so nothing would get written over)

*         Copied over my PPI file (that was created from step above) to
my new directory

*         Clicked on specify 1st  level

*         Selected Directory of Choice

*         Select Seconds or Scans whichever is appropriate

*         Select HRF with Time derivatives   (if indicated)

*         NO CONDITIONS entered

*         Select the Regresssors option (so that three regressor pop up
windows appear)

Enter in this order:

1.    Regressor 1: Name = Name PPI.ppi or whatever you want

Value = PPI.ppi (Make sure you use this case -SPM5 is case sensitive;
the values will automatically populate into this field after you press
enter)

2.    Regressor 2: Name = PPI.Y (or whatever you want to call it)

Value =  PPI.Y (Again the values will automatically populate into this
field after you press enter)

3.    Regressor 3: Name = PPI.P (or whatever name you choose)

Value =  PPI.P

*         Click run

Then  to Estimate the model I:

Clicking on Estimate and selected newly created spm.mat file (From the
new directory )

Clicked run

To explore results:

*         YOU CAN HAVE 2 CONTRASTS THAT LOOK AT PPI. The first is

 1 0 0 0                   which means:

  1    0   0    0

  ^   ^   ^   ^

 ppi   y   p  mean

assuming you put regressors in that order.

This will look at areas showing activation relative to the interaction

of

(NFV Lang - NFV SOn) x Y, while discounting the effects of Y and P.

the other contrast is -1 0 0 0 which looks at the opposite interaction.

To better understand the above function you can go to:

http://www.umich.edu/~fmri/course/2005/files/spm2/spm_peb_ppi.m

Thanks again Darren G. for your help with the above

Theresa Louise-Bender Pape, Dr.PH, MA, CCC-SLP/L

Career Development Transition Award Scientist

Department of Veterans Affairs

Rehabilitation Research & Development Service

Research Service, Hines VAH

Research Health Scientist

Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care

Center of Excellence, Hines VAH

Research Assistant Professor

Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Clinical Research Scientist

Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital

Senior Associate

Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Institute for
Health Care Studies

Preferred Contact Information:

Voice Mail:  (708) 202-4953

Confidential Fax:  (708) 202-7487

Email: [log in to unmask]

Pager : (312) 707-3345

Mailing Address: Hines VA, Research Service, PO BOx 5000, MC 151H,
Hines, IL 60141

Shipping Address: HInes VA, 5th Ave and Roosevelt Ave., Building 1, Room
C 318, Hines, IL 60141