Its probably why they invented diagrams that accompany instructions.

Some origami books convey very complex instructions in very little space.

The technical illustration for older Rolls Royce gas turbines are an art
form in themselves.

Sign language and prehistoric descriptive art. Heiroglyophics and Chinese
symbols.

Maybe our western use of text isn't all its cracked up to be.

There are so many ways to describe something - including manual instruction
- as our parents would show us.

I guess one of the most constrictive I could imagine  would be machine
code.

The question is how constrained is the method in which we undertake to
explain something?

For example our product video instruction manuals are much more effective
than illustrated manuals that in turn are more effective than text.

Just observations.

Best. Glenn