Research Opportunities in German at the University of Nottingham

The Department of German at the University of Nottingham invites applications for a fully funded PhD studentship (full fees + maintenance grant) from 24 September 2007.

The German Department has been awarded the highest grade (5*A) by the Higher Education Funding Council for the excellence of its research. We offer a very broad range of opportunities for postgraduate work in German, drawing both on the expertise of our staff and on the facilities afforded by the university.

The department can offer supervision in most areas and epochs of the literatures, cultures, history and societies of the German-speaking world from the medieval period to the present day, as well as in linguistics.

For a full list of research active staff and potential areas for PhD supervision, please consult our website:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/german/research/research_areas.php

Applicants should submit a proposal for a PhD project and curriculum vitae AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to:

Professor Steve Giles
Department of German
School of Modern Languages and Cultures
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
NG7 2RD
Email: [log in to unmask]

The deadline for applications is 30 August 2007.

This message has been checked for viruses but the contents of an attachment may still contain software viruses, which could damage your computer system: you are advised to perform your own checks. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored as permitted by UK legislation.