Research Opportunities in German at the University of Nottingham

The Department of German at the University of Nottingham invites
applications for a fully funded PhD studentship (full fees + maintenance
grant) from 24 September 2007.

The German Department has been awarded the highest grade (5*A) by the
Higher Education Funding Council for the excellence of its research. We
offer a very broad range of opportunities for postgraduate work in
German, drawing both on the expertise of our staff and on the facilities
afforded by the university.

The department can offer supervision in most areas and epochs of the
literatures, cultures, history and societies of the German-speaking
world from the medieval period to the present day, as well as in
linguistics.

For a full list of research active staff and potential areas for PhD
supervision, please consult our website:
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/german/research/research_areas.php

Applicants should submit a proposal for a PhD project and curriculum
vitae AS SOON AS POSSIBLE to:

Professor Steve Giles
Department of German
School of Modern Languages and Cultures
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
NG7 2RD
Email: [log in to unmask]

The deadline for applications is 30 August 2007.