From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Alan Stead
Sent: Wed 29 August 2007 10:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Data Sharing for emergency planners

The Cabinet office have published two documents recently, the first is a guidance on data sharing for emergency planners and responders and the second a short two pager on the main issues
It is important that all those of us dealing with data sharing across the board are aware of what is going on as we never know when an emergency might occur.Also in some areas those organisations with emergency planning teams have a 24 hour contact with the data protection expert so that advice can be given in the event of an emergency.

The handouts are available on the uk resilience web site or can be downloaded from the NAIM web site at www.NAIM.uk.net.

Regards

Alan

Alan Stead
Service Manager-Information Governance
Nottingham City Council
Guildhall
Burton Street
Nottingham NG1 4BT
Tel 0115.9154943

Have you registered to vote this year? Easy as àone  à two à three......

All city households need to register quickly - if you register by 21 September you will automatically be entered into our prize draw - call us on 0115 915 4938

________________________________

This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content and cleared by MailMarshal
________________________________

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Nottingham City Council unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance
on it and notify the sender immediately. Please note that Nottingham City Council monitors e-mails sent or received. Further communication will signify your consent to this.

________________________________

*	Leaving this list: send leave data-protection to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=LEAVE data-protection>
*	Suspending emails from all JISCMail lists: send SET * NOMAIL to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET * NOMAIL>
*	To receive emails from this list in text format: send SET data-protection NOHTML to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET data-protection NOHTML>
*	To receive emails from this list in HTML format: send SET data-protection HTML to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET data-protection HTML>

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]

>>Corporate Disclaimer<<
the system manager.

Proofpoint for the presence of computer viruses using F-Secure
anti-virus software.

www.proofpoint.com
www.f-secure.com