Hello everyone,

I'm sorry to bother people with this question, it's slightly off topic but its been bugging me: does anyone know why Monbiot was allowed on the climate camp and not other journalists (c.f . John Vidal)?

I personally was not at the camp so am totally clueless. I've been to protest camps in the past so I understand a bit about about "camp politics" (if thats the right phrase? Or does that imply something else). What I'm specifically trying to understand is if Monbiot had some sort of arrangement with the organisers (or was he an organiser and by default was allowed to live in the camp?), and does anyone here know how he was generally greeted by other campers/protestors?

I'm personally a *massive* fan of George Monbiot (and of MediaLens). I guess I'm keen to find out how others at the camp percieved him and wether its just him or were any other journalists given [what appears like] special priveldges.

Please, please feel free to email me directly, I know its off topic and I dont wish this to be a discussion point.

Thank you

Nav