From: Contaminated Land Management Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Janet Robb
Sent: 15 August 2007 12:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Water supply pipes in cemeteries

**** This Message Originated From The Internet. Please Be Aware Of Suspicious Attachments And Content ****

Good afternoon,

Any advice on this would be very much appreciated: this authority has recently laid a water supply pipe through a cemetery, standard MDPE/HPPE construction as we have done at other sites. On this occasion, Anglian water have refused to accept the connection on the grounds that a cemetery is classed as a potentially contaminated site and so the pipe should be made a 'protectaline' barrier pipe.

Now my previous dealings with both issues can be summed up with: cemeteries=controlled water risks and hydrocarbons=protectaline required. The site is obviously on our historical database but I'm doubtful this is sufficient to justify the requirement. I've gone through the Environment Agency document on 'assessing groundwater pollution potential of cemetery developments', but there's not much to go on for this scenario. Can anyone point me in the direction of something on human health risks/pathways for cemeteries that might clarify the situation for everyone concerned?

Of course, if there is a viable risk to water supply pipes I may have to dig up some long dead pets…..

Thankyou!

Janet Robb
Principal Environmental Health Officer

NORTH KESTEVEN DISTRICT COUNCIL DISCLAIMER

The information contained in this e-mail along with any attachments may be confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is intended for the named individual(s) or entity who is/are the
only authorised recipient(s). This e-mail should not be reproduced, disseminated, disclosed , modified or distributed unless expressly authorised by the sender.

If this message has reached you in error please notify the sender immediately and delete it without review.

Vinci PLC Group of Companies

Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual not the company, unless specifically indicated to that effect.

This e-mail together with any files attached is confidential and intended for the addressee only.

If you have received this in error, please delete it from your PC and inform our IT Department on 01923 470407 or [log in to unmask].

This footnote also confirms that this e-mail has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

Vinci PLC
Registered in England and Wales No. 737204 Registered Office : Astral House, Imperial Way, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD24 4WW