Authenticity to Action - Involving Service Users and Carers in Higher Education

3 Day Conference

7 - 9 November 2007

Grange Over Sands, Cumbria

We are pleased to announce that the full programme is now available on-line for this exciting international conference focused on the involvement of health and social care service users in higher education.

We hope that the conference will build upon the successful first 'Where's The Patient Voice in Health Professional Education' Conference, November 3-5 2005, Vancouver, Canada hosted by the University of British Columbia www.health-disciplines.ubc.ca/DHCC/

The conference is supported by the work of The Comensus Project at the University of Central Lancashire. For more information visit our web site at www.uclan.ac.uk/comensus

The conference will bring together service users and carers, students and academics with a view to sharing different forms of knowledge and expertise in a mutually supportive atmosphere. We are working towards seeking funding to make bursaries available to support attendance of individual students and service users/carers. We are also looking for organisations interested in making a contribution to the fund to support bursaries.

We aim to make the whole conference as interactive as possible and accessible to all participants. Participants are encouraged to be prepared to present their work and facilitate sessions in plain language.

CONFERENCE THEMES

The full conference programme is now available on the conference website www.uclan.ac.uk/healthconf

Conference Fee

Full Conference Package

Three-day conference including lunch and refreshments throughout each day Cost 350 plus VAT = 411.25

Single day attendance including lunch and refreshments for one days attendance Cost 125 plus VAT = 146.88

There is also an optional conference dinner on the Wednesday evening and an optional trip on the Thursday evening. More details on the programme.

For Further Details about the Conference and a Booking form, contact:

Liz Kelly, Faculty of Health, University of Central Lancashire, Preston PR1 2HE, UK

Email [log in to unmask]

Tel: +44 (0)1772 893809

Fax: +44 (0)1772 892995

www.uclan.ac.uk/healthconf

Liz Kelly
Events Co-ordinator
Faculty of Health
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
PR1 2HE
Tel +44 (0) 1772 893809
Fax +44 (0) 1772 892995

Any representations, views and/or opinions in this e-mail are those of the sender, and not necessarily of the University.  The University's computer network (including its e-mail facility) is intended for educational purposes, and the University accepts no liability for, and shall not be bound by, the contents of any e-mail sent from its network which do not relate to those purposes or other business of the University.

This e-mail is confidential to and for the sole use of its addressee(s).  If you should not have received it, please notify the sender and permanently delete it: you may not print, copy, disclose, distribute or rely on it, or any part of it.

E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free and the University does not accept liability for any errors in or amendments to the contents of this message which arise in consequence of its transmission by e-mail.