Ann (and others)

An interesting area!

We are running a day workshop at Leeds Metropolitan University on Friday 14
September entitled 'Mapping Design Activism'.  Keynote speakers are Adrian
Sinclair, Director of Heads Together (see
http://www.heads.demon.co.uk/heads_together.html) and Professor John Wood
of Goldsmith's College.

The aim of the day is, through discussion, explore taxonomies of design
that are engaged in  social/political/communitarian/political agency.
Delegates will include several design and social participation
practitioners.

You, and indeed, any other interested list members (eg. Nicola below), are
welcome to attend.  More formal publicity will be going out soon, but in
the meantime please contact either of my colleagues Sandra Ashton and Debra
Samuel.

In my school we have a Design and Community Unit -- mostly focused around
landscape architecture and urban design.  Doyens of 'creative communities'
such as Ezio Manzini have been visiting lecturers here.  So we're very
interested in the area.

Cheers
guy julier

Professor Guy Julier
The Leeds School of Architecture, Landscape and Design
Leeds Metropolitan University
Calverley Street
Leeds LS1 3HE

+ 44 (0)113 283 6752