"By focusing on time-based work, this group  show aims to redefine how visual
arts can be experienced."
[from the e-flux press release for "IL TEMPO DI  POSTINO -- A GROUP SHOW"]

Hi Sarah and CRUMBS,

In addition to all the questions you've rightly raised about the claims  this
show is making for itself (and I agree, they express a shocking ignorance  of
the history of time-based art), I have another:  in what way exactly  will
this exhibition NOT be occupying space?

As the saying goes, "Everybody gotta be SOMEwhere."

Annick's YES response to Sarah's plaintive query -- "Gosh, is the gap
between the Media arts world and the contemporary art world so big??" --  is true
also, alas.

Marcia

In a message dated 6/15/2007 3:23:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,