patrick (and list)
do keep us posted about the art panels for the conf in chicago -
sounds good.
in venice i also finally met eva and franco mattes from 01001...org
and was renewed with interest in their re-enactment of other real
space artworks in the environment of second life - such as joseph
beuys' seven thousand oaks project. http://0100101110101101.org/home/
performances/performance-beuys.html
would you see these 'synthetic performances' as they call them (or
reiterations as you call them?) as 'native works'? in just a
technical or also theoretical sense? what about reiterations of
exhibitions/events? when live sound becomes a feature of second life
(as i understand it will) then how mad would it be to have andy
warhol on the roof of the factory letting go of the silver helium
balloons he made as part of the EAT project, along with the archive
recording of his voice expressing his reaction at the time? or would
that make the 'reiteration' (or indeed impersonation) somehow not so
native?
random thoughts on a rainy afternoon,
sarah