Freesurfer's mri_convert could be used on a Mac. In AFNI, the DICOM
data can be ordered without Osirix by using the Dimon program:

   Dimon -dicom_org -GERT_Reco -infiles_pattern EP/*

The script created by this command uses the to3d program to convert
the DICOM files. You can edit this script, GERT_Reco, or use the
default output file name provided. to3d can write NIFTI datasets
directly by adding .nii or .nii.gz to the prefix specification. You
can also use the 3dAFNItoNIFTI program or 3dcopy to create a NIFTI
dataset from an AFNI dataset. The bvecs equivalent is a somewhat
transposed version of the one used in AFNI's 3dDWItoDT, but you're
not using that, so you should create one for FSL directly.

Regards,
Daniel Glen