Temporary Search Room Assistant, Durham University Library Archives & Special Collections   Post reference: 1967  Salary: 13,339 - 14,041 per annum (Grade 3)  Closing date for applications: 6 July 2007    Interview date: 26 July 2007.

Applications are invited for the post of Temporary Search Room Assistant, Durham University Library Archives & Special Collections.  This post supports access to important research collections and offers practical experience of archives work appropriate for a graduate hoping to do a postgraduate archives course. Duties include assisting with search room supervision, fetching material for readers, answering enquiries, shelving, listing and numbering of documents. A good general education (minimum 2 A levels or equivalent), an interest in history, and good IT skills are required. A degree, and some knowledge of languages, especially Latin, will be strong advantages.

This post is a fixed-term full-time appointment for 1 year from 1 September 2007 in the first instance, with the possibility of an extension for 1 more year.

Contact for informal enquiries:
Dr Sheila Hingley
0191 3342965

Further details can be obtained from the website at https://jobs.dur.ac.uk/default.asp

Application process:  we prefer to receive applications on-line (see above website for details).  Please attach your CV and a covering letter, giving details of how you match the person specification. We can post a vacancy details pack (including application form) to you, if you telephone our answering service on 0191 3346499 or e-mail [log in to unmask]