From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of Shaquanda Jones
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 3:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] Computer Science Course Recommendation in Lieu of Matlab?
C Perhaps?

I had a student ask me the other day what computer science course he
should  sign up for in order to be better able to program in Matlab. We
don't offer any  specific computer science or engineering classes that
feature matlab, so he'll  have to choose something else that could be
applied. My first guess would be  good ol' fashion C, but I don't think
that is even taught anymore. Must intro  computer science classes teach
Java these days, but that seems quite different  than matlab.

  Any suggestions would be much appreciated (this is for an
undergraduate at  an American University).
  Thanks!
  Shaqunada