Dear Fumiko,

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:04:54 -0700, Fumiko Hoeft <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Dear Christian and Marko (and others that I have thanked already),
>
>Thank you very much for the reply. These images were collected at a 1.5T.
>So far I tested some poor images using 1. custom templates created in SPM2
>and using a 5-10 yo CCHMC template, 2. reorienting to AC, and many images
>look great now.
>
>Choosing 'No Affine Registration' in Affine Regularisation helped in many
>tough cases. Can anyone tell me why this may be the case? I did not quite
>understand (or find that information) in the manual.
>
>I am now trying Chritian's vbm5 beta version but I am running into some
>problems.
>I get the following error right away. Do you know what the problem is?
>----------
>Warning: Input should be a string.
>> In spm_maff>priors at 314
>  In spm_maff>affreg at 115
>  In spm_maff at 45
>  In cg_vbm at 182
>  In cg_config_vbm>execute_estwrite at 723
>  In spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1384
>  In spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1392
>  In spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1392
>  In spm_jobman>run_struct1 at 1392
>  In spm_jobman>run_struct at 1351
>??? Error using ==> spm_maff>priors
>"ƪ" not recognised as type of regularisation.
>
>??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback.

This may caused by the setting to "no affine registration", although I have tried this combination
without any problems. However, I would try the default settings in VBM5.1 (center-of-mass
approach is default) and check the normalization results for any mis-registrations. For those cases
I would manually set the AC in the display tool or try to coregister the images as proposed in
another mail. All these steps are intended to roughly align the image to the template to provide a
good starting estimate.

Best,

Christian

Christian Gaser, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computational Neuroscience
Department of Psychiatry
Friedrich-Schiller-University of Jena
Philosophenweg 3, D-07743 Jena, Germany
Tel: ++49-3641-935805	Fax:   ++49-3641-935280
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
http://dbm.neuro.uni-jena.de