From: SPM (Statistical Parametric Mapping) [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of JULIE E MCENTEE
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SPM] NifTi files error in SPM5

Thanks for your responses Ged, Volkmar, Bas,

So am I doing myself a disservice by transforming my .par/.rec (raw
Philips scanner data format) into NifTi format and
analyzing my data using SPM5? Am I losing data or any important
properties thereof if I can't take advantage of the 12 df voxel
world-mappings?

Do other scanner users have this problem? The 3T Philips scanner that we
use allows one to download the data in DICOM,
REC, Analyze 3D, or Analyze 4D formats. Would any of these other formats
be more compatible as far as transforming to NifTi
format or using and taking the most advantage of the improvements in
SPM5?

Thank-you! Julie

Julie E. McEntee, M.A.
Senior Research Program Coordinator
Department of Psychiatry- Neuroimaging
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
600 N. Wolfe St./ Phipps 300
Baltimore, MD 21287
Phone: 410-502-0468
Fax: 410-614-3676