Thanks, the TEXShop lead was helpful.  The one I tried (i-Installer)
is no longer supported but googling for TEXShop helped me find MacTeX
which seems to be the currently supported distribution.  I installed
it (which includes TEXShop) but it is still not parsing the
documentation.  When I try to "Typeset" any of these TEX files in the
SPM-EEG manual, I get an error message that the first line is "!
Undefined control sequence".  Any suggestions on how to make this
work?  I just want to be able to read the manual.

Thanks!

Joe

On Apr 5, 2007, at 7:42 AM, Torben Ellegaard Lund wrote:

> For OS X try TEXShop (which I like it a lot).
>
> Best
> Torben
>

>> Dear Joe,
>>
>> It would be quite straightforward to make postscript or pdf out of
>> those, using latex or pdflatex, respectively.
>>
>> Any self-respecting linux distribution should have both these
>> programs,
>> and for Windows, the combination of miktex and an editor like
>> texniccenter should work. Installation should pretty much be
>> next->next->finish, but be reminded to install miktex first. No idea
>> about Mac, but OS X should be linux-like enough to have latex and
>> pdflatex as well?
>>
>> Hope that gets you further...
>>
>> atb
>> Alle Meije
>>
>> Joseph Dien wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>    does anybody have the SPM-EEG manual files in something other
>>> than
>>> TEX format?  I don't have anything that can read it and it
>>> appears to be
>>> quite difficult to install such a program on my computer.  I've been
>>> searching through a maze of undocumented and/or unsupported
>>> programs so
>>> far for processing Latex files (on OS X).
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> Joe

--------

Joseph Dien
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Department of Psychology
419 Fraser Hall
1415 Jayhawk Blvd
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045-7556
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Office: 785-864-9822 (note: no voicemail)
Fax: 785-864-5696
http://people.ku.edu/~jdien/Dien.html