  From: Michael Bamberg
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 1:16 PM
  Subject: Re: On Ambiguity and Language

  Can I ask a question that may sound very (and I'm sure IS) very naïve: What is wrong with 'language'? I have the impression that most of us view language as formal and following rules - and thus in the way of (as in 'blocking') "expression" --- particularly in the way of or antagonistic to the expression of some deeper or more authentic sense of self.

  Michael

  Department of Psychology

  Clark University

  http://www.clarku.edu/~mbamberg