> **Apologies for cross posting**
>
> Dear all,
>
> If you would like to use next week's Archive Awareness Conference as an opportunity to display promotional materials from your archive highlighting projects specifically relating to issues of education, diversity and Citizenship - please post me any materials by the end of this week to:
>
> Elise Oliver
> The National Archives
> Kew
> TW9 4DU
>
> The conference - Identity Papers? - The role of archives in teaching diversity and Citizenship - takes place on Tuesday 24th April at Methodist Central Hall, Westminster.
>
> The conference programme, list of speakers, workshop options and registration forms are now available on www.archiveawareness.com.
>
> There are a few remaining places available at the conference. If you would like to attend please RSVP to [log in to unmask]
>
> Best wishes,
> Elise
>

> Archive Awareness Campaign invites you to....
> 		Identity Papers? - The role of archives in teaching
> 		diversity and Citizenship
> 		Tuesday, April 24, 2007
> 		From 9.15am - 5pm
> 		At
> 		Methodist Central Hall Westminster
> 		London SW1H 9NH
> 		A conference for archivists and educational practitioners
> 		with David Lammy MP as keynote speaker.
> 		Explore how archives services and schools can work together best to deliver the demands of the contemporary curriculum.
> 		The experience of living in the United Kingdom in the twenty first century has never been more discussed than it is today, whether the focus is on concepts of Britishness or on the specific legacy of the slave trade and its abolition. The recent report by Sir Keith Ajegbo on the teaching of diversity and Citizenship in the school curriculum has highlighted particularly the need to understand these contemporary issues with a fuller knowledge of their historical context. This conference will explore the ways in which archive services can, and in many areas already do, work with educational organisations, schools and individual teachers to support these areas of the curriculum.
> 		You will have the opportunity to ....
> 		· Find out about existing projects between archives and schools around the UK
> 		· Develop partnerships across different sectors
> 		· Attend workshops
> 		· Participate in panel discussions and debate
> 		Speakers and Workshop Leaders include representatives from:
> 		· The National Archives
> 		· Museums, Libraries and Archives Council
> 		· The Historical Association
> 		· Yorkshire Film Archive
> 		The conference is free of charge but booking is essential.
> 		For more information and to register please contact Elise Oliver, Archive Awareness Officer, at [log in to unmask] or call 0208 392 5237.

> [...]

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential  to The National Archives.  If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message or attachments.  In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.