Dear All,

(with apologies to non-members of the Society). Further to my earlier
posting about information available on the Society of Archivists' website, I
am posting with another update. The draft strategic plan is available to
members and comments are invited from Vice Chairman Peter Emmerson.
It has been pointed out that it would be helpful for members to be given
some additional information about the planning process and background rather
than the draft on its own. Peter has drawn up an introduction to the plan
that will help place it in context and may help to inform comments.
Please go to www.archives.org.uk and then log in as a member to view both
documents. Peter's contact details are available on the website.

In addition, notification of the Society's AGM and nominations for Council
will be going out shortly to all members. Several council members are
standing down this year so there are a number of vacancies. This is a very
exciting time to join Council with opportunities to contribute to the
strategic plan, diversity, financial and training isues amongst others.
Meetings take place four times a year in London (aften follwed by drinks in
a local hostelry). If you are interested but would like to know more please
contact me via e-mail or telephone (01604 762129).

Jenny

Jenny Moran
Honorary Secretary
Society of Archivists