ESSENTIAL BUILDING WORK AT SHEFFIELD ARCHIVES

We should be grateful if you would draw the following announcement to the
attention of anyone you know you might be intending to visit or contact us
over the next three months:

Service Restrictions
Sheffield Archives will be undergoing some essential building work in the
strongroom over the next few weeks, beginning on 23rd April.  This is being
undertaken to improve the environmental conditions, which have deteriorated
because of problems with a damp wall.

Most original documents will not be available from Monday 23 April, for a
period of about ten weeks. Please call us in advance if you plan to visit
over this period and we will advise you of the situation.

We appreciate this may cause some inconvenience, however the building work
will ensure Sheffield's documentary heritage is stored in optimum conditions
and is safeguarded for future generations.

Microfiche, film and computer services will not be affected.

Updates will also be available from the service and also via our website,
www.sheffield.gov.uk/archives

Tel: 0114 203 9395
Fax: 0114 203 9398
Office email: [log in to unmask]

Bob Hale
Archivist
Sheffield Archives
52 Shoreham Street
Sheffield S1 4SP

The information in this email is
intended for the addressee(s) only.
If you are not the addressee, please
tell us by using the reply facility
in your email software as soon as
possible.
Sheffield City Council cannot accept
any responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message as it
has been transmitted over a public
network. If you suspect that the
message may have been intercepted or
amended please tell us as soon as
possible.
Sheffield City Council may monitor all email passing through its networks.