From: Virtual Learning Environments [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Derek House
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 9:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [VLES] Second Life

________________________________

From: Virtual Learning Environments on behalf of Anna Peachey
Sent: Mon 12/03/2007 09:56
To: [log in to unmask]

Hello All,

My colleague and I are Teaching Fellows with the Centre for Open
Learning in Math's, Science, Computing and Technology CETL at the Open
University.  We have a research island in Second Life (Cetlment) that we
are actively using and developing for teaching and learning, plus
investigating the exciting possibilities afforded by integrating with
Moodle (re the Sloodle project below) - would be happy to show anyone
around in-world on an informal basis.  Anyone interested in SL might
also like to look at schome.ac.uk, another OU project that has a SL
island and is doing a lot of work on educating in virtual worlds.
Our SL names are Elsa Dickins (me) and Jacquie Sholokov (Jacquie
Bennett) - feel free to IM one of us in-world or email me off-list.

Regards,

Anna Peachey
Open University