ec8676 wrote:

> Dear Luis
>
> You can read Aquinas's teaching on women's subordination and
> deficiencies in the "Summa Theologiae", 1 par, Question 92.  Online
> version at http://www.newadvent.org/summa/1092.htm

Thanks

> You may also look at Prudence Allen, "The Concept of Woman" (Cambridge
> 1985), pp. 402-407.
>
> I have been working on medieval Dominican sermons and while there are
> other writings on women's inferiority, I have also come across a
> sermon which says "women are much better than men".

Women are not better than men,
Men are not better tham women.
Both men and women are human, fully human.
Like Jesus, who was fully human
without ceasing to be fully divine.
"Like us in all things but sin."

However, the Thomas Aquinas teaching
is still perpetuated in many churches
that refuse to ordain women and give them
roles of religious authority.
This goes back to a literalist reading
of St Paul and Genesis 3:16.

The medieval mentality about women